ENVIRONMENT INSTITUTE OF KENYA
P.O BOX 5087-00506 Nyayo Stadium
Tel. No: 0774 239 594
REF: EIK/2017/11/704 30th November, 2017
RE: EIK VACANCY ADVERTISEMENT
Accountant – Grade 5 (Reporting to EAO) – 1 Post
Environment Institute of Kenya is a professional body for all environmental experts in Kenya. It is registered under the Societies Act Cap 108 of Kenyan Laws. Its membership is drawn from the three categories of Associate, Lead and Corporate members, whereby the membership subscription is on annual basis. The institute seeks to recruit an Accountant to support the financial team in ensuring efficient and transparent accounting matters.
The Accountant will report to the Executive and Administration Officer (EAO) and will be responsible for;
- Preparation of E.I.K budget;
- Establishing, maintaining and implementing financial/cash controls;
- Processing reimbursements;
- Establishing, maintaining and reconciling the general ledger;
- Establishing and maintaining supplier accounts;
- Entering financial transactions into internal financial system;
- Preparation of payment and receipts documentation e.g. invoices,
vouchers and issuance of receipts;
- Setting up the individual members accounts and keeping them
- Handling members balance enquiry and following up on members
arrears under the coordination of the EAO;
- Ensuring timely remittance of all statutory deductions;
- Maintaining staff payroll and ensuring confidential matters related to this are observed;
- Ensuring all expenses are in line with the approved budgets and
- Ensuring safe custody of all books of accounts and other crucial
- Preparing monthly and annual financial statements;
- Preparing members invoices and statements;
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations and weekly cash flow reports;
- Filing and maintenance of account records in a manner consistent with the Institute's policy; and
- Performing any other lawful duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce with at least second class upper or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- A professional certification in CPA II or its equivalent from a
- IT proficiency in use of Accounting packages, MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point, and e-mail; and
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar position.
- Key competencies
- Have a high degree of integrity;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; and
- A team player.
Applications close by 5:00 p.m. on Friday 22nd December, 2017
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.