To review current resource needs and funding gaps, analyze possible funding scenarios.
To prepare an annual budget for approval by the Council.
Monitor and evaluate use of EIK funds.
To have in place a comprehensive resource mobilization strategy that includes an overview of all the EIK activities, analysis of previous fundraising methods, future opportunities and strategies, a time-bound action plan with responsibilities in order to ensure successful fundraising and sustainable finance for the organization
- Guidance from the EIK Council
The Terms of Reference for the Resource Mobilization Subcommittee have been prepared and approved by the Council. In the event that there will be amendments or additional input to the TOR’s then these will be advised to the Subcommittee with due notice.
- Resources and Budget
The Subcommittee will ensure that they have access to the required facilities, resources and where necessary the budget to complete the required tasks.
Decision making shall be by consensus or by majority vote. The Chairperson shall have a casting vote in case of equality of votes as well as a deliberative vote. The vote at all times shall be in the good interest of EIK.
- Chairperson of Subcommittee shall always be an EIK Council Member.
- There shall be at least two members of the EIK Council in the Subcommittee one of whom must be the Treasurer.
- Co-option of Subcommittee members from the wider membership is permitted upon approval of the EIK.
- Council. Co-opted members must be qualified members of the EIK.
- Quorum for all meetings must be 3.
- Minutes of Meetings will be sent to the Council for approval and remain confidential.
- Notice of meetings will be done via email with telephone confirmation.
- Meeting schedules shall be prepared and released in advance.
- There shall be at least 4 meetings of the Subcommittee within a 12 month period.
- Sharing of or seeking information where necessary shall be communicated by the Subcommittee Chair and in his/her absence the Subcommittee Secretary.
- Matters relating to projects / policies will be referred to the Council for guidance and approval.
- Participation in the Subcommittee is strictly voluntary unless advised otherwise.